Thursday, May 16, 2019

Busy day!





Hello all my name is Katelynn Gullickson! I just finished up my junior year at St. Scholastica this spring. My  major is elementary education, my favorite thing to do is teach kiddos about how fun learning can be if you integrate Art and Theatre into other subjects include it literature. I  am very ecstatic that I got the opportunity to come on this trip to London. I am the first one out of my family to travel out of the country and a first generation college student so this is a huge accomplishment for me, I have always loved London and dreamed of visiting the city one day and this trip has made my dream into a reality and I’m loving every moment of it!

Today we got to do a lot of things! We went to a lecture about Queen Victoria, Visited the National Portrait Gallery, the National Gallery, saw the hilarious play The Play that Goes Wrong at Nimax Theatre, and Lastly and my most favorite stop we visited and toured Westminster Abbey (pictured above)! Westminster Abbey was my favorite one because it was beautiful, two its very historical, three poets corner is located here and it is where Charles Dickens is buried! I found this intriguing to because we read his text Oliver Twist in my Literature of London class this past semester. Sadly, I could not show you the beautiful architecture of the church itself inside due to the fact that no pictures were aloud so you’ll have to take my word for it! Another fun thing we got to experience were seeing the portraits of Virginia Woolf and Jane Austen in the National Portrait gallery amongst all of the other beautiful pieces of art there. Than at the national gallery we saw multiple paintings by many famous artists from many periods of time including Van Goghs chair and a very realistic painting of a horse called Whistlejacket by George Stubbs! I also enjoyed the very ornate architecture of this building as well, it is beautiful. I have learned I realllly love the architecture in London you simply cannot replace it it is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment