Saturday, May 18, 2019

Drinking Bath Water

Hello everyone, my name is Cassidy! I am going to be a junior at CSS this upcoming year, double majoring in Computer Science and Communications with a minor in Art. I have been wanting to participate in this London trip since 2017, and I love London because most of my favorite stories take place here. So, naturally, I'm very excited that I finally get to be here! 

Today, May 18, was the start of our first free weekend during our time in the UK. Some people decided to travel and some stayed in London. I traveled to Bath with Marissa and today we got to see some of the amazing places that Bath has to offer. 

In the morning, we wandered around and visited some shops. After wandering around and buying things we really didn't need (but definitely wanted), we visited the attraction that Bath is best known for: the Roman Baths. I thought the tour was very interesting and I loved learning about the history of the baths. I think the coolest thing about them is that the water is original (meaning it's as old as the baths, if I remember correctly). At the end of the tour, there's an opportunity to drink the water (purified) but it's warm and it is gross. 


After visiting the baths, we walked around some more and spent more money. My favorite part about this time was that we stumbled upon a fudge shop, which I thought was fun because I make fudge when I work. Even though our time was short in there, I had a great time learning about their fudge-making process and talking with them about fudge. The cool thing about their fudge is that they had tons of flavors. We ended up getting 4: classic (vanilla), lemon, butterbeer, and belgian chocolate swirl. I thought it was interesting that their idea of classic fudge was vanilla, while ours is chocolate. 









3 comments:

  1. I read a play in my Restoration Theatre class fall semester that was set in Bath (can't remember the name), so it's really neat for me to see that brought to life through this picture! I had no idea you could actually drink the water, but it does look a little iffy...

    I'm curious where you work that you make fudge? Sounds like a fun (and tasty) job! I used to work at a general store that sold some delicious Cedar Crest Wisconsin ice cream.

    Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bath looks beautiful (but I definitely would be wary to drink the water)! Did you think the trip is worth it and would recommend? I was considering going there on our free day as I am bummed we aren't able to make it there as a group

    Also, I must ask, how was the butterbeer fudge?? That is very interesting that vanilla is their classic flavor! Never would have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassidy, it is so exiting to see that you were able to make it out to Bath. I love Roman history a lot, being a social sciences major so the thought of visiting Bath sounds super cool. When you talked about drinking the water, I had the thought of the bath water that we learned about on our trip to Stratford-upon-Avon where almost thirty people would use the same bath water. It's a good thing we weren't pressured to drink the "bath" water there.

    ReplyDelete