Thursday, May 16, 2019

The Day That Goes Right



Hi! My name is Tasha Wagner and I am a social work major with honors, a healthcare certificate and a theatre minor. Having a social work major among all these science majors has been interesting; they are far more focused on the how and why while I usually point out the humanity in things. I guess I’m a senior now that the year is over and I’m across the pond (FINALLY THANK GOODNESS!). I crochet on the go (yes that means the plane ride here too) and love to explore new places but I’ve been told my inner compass is spring loaded and the magnets are lost. This means I should never lead the crowd because my first guess is usually the opposite way we are supposed to go.


Today was another busy day with the Westminster Abbey, a lecture on Queen Victoria and the Play That Goes Wrong which was super fun to watch! Below is a photo of some of my travel mates right before the show. Little did we know, everything and anything that could go wrong did. Having a theater background myself, it was hilarious to see all of my worst fears when performing come true at the same time. Even though we felt like falling apart after a long day, we all laughed when the play and set actually fell apart in a safe manner for all the actors, something I greatly appreciated. Backtracking to the lecture, it was a lecture describing Queen Victoria as a daughter, wife and mother especially concerning her roles in the royal family. The speaker, Dr. Lucy Worsley, did and excellent job keeping us engaged (as worn out as we are that’s nothing short of a miracle) as she informed us of how Victoria became Queen and how her strong personality carried her through reigning a country and raising a family of nine children. It was really interesting to hear how a woman dealt with power and authority in her time. All in all, it was a wonderful yet busy day.


2 comments:

  1. The Play That Goes Wrong was definitely very entertaining and hilarious. Many of us could not stop laughing because we know many of things that happened would be a plays worst nightmare. The evening was filled with laughter while the day was filled with history including Queen Victoria. She is my favorite queen not just because of the PBS series. Love the photo of us trying to smile away the tiredness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have your background in theatre but I still found The Play That Goes Wrong hilarious! I think I was crying I was laughing so hard. I'm still amazed at how they were able make it look like people were getting hurt, and at how they got the girl back in the clock! I also loved walking around the top of the abbey with you and being able to see where we had walked around before.

    ReplyDelete