Wednesday, May 15, 2019

What’s up London!

Hi everyone! My name is Chantell but you can call me Chanty. I am a rising junior double majoring in Social Work and Psychology. Today marks my third night in London and second night for most individuals. This is my first time ever visiting London and I love it here. One thing I have fallen in love with is the fashion. With this comes a lot of people watching. Although it may seem creepy to stare at people there is so much to every single person. From the way they are dressed to how they walk. Everyone seems so put together and calm. Our tour guide today mentioned that the shoe people wear speaks about their job occupation which I found interesting. While walking by a garden there was a man casually laying on the grass with his dress shirt and trousers. I found this unique as being from the cities and working downtown I’ve never seen someone sitting peacefully on the grass. Not to mention people here walk fast! I’m only 5’3 so I’m constantly playing catch up. Although, they walk fast they don’t seem agitated or stressed but more so calm.

Primark is an affordable store where you can shop treading looks at a decent price. I will probably have to keep a distance from that store because if I could I would buy everything. I’m not sure how I would explain that to my parents if that was the case. Being my third night here I have already made three trips to Primark surviving two out of the three times with no purchase. The location is very convenient to our hotel which is helpful but not so much if you’re like me who loves shopping.
Next time you are looking for cute and cheap attire Primark is the place.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chanty!
    I agree that it was interesting what our tour guide said for noticing fashion and occupations. I remember him also mentioning that if a gentleman is wearing a tie, than he is often involved with banking or financial business. It was cool to hear him tell of business fashion over time as well, like how there is more variety in suit styles and colors than in years past.
    And yes Primark is a very fun store to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The british people do walk fast. They also don't move for you much, you will have to move for them. The clothing is very well put together, like you said. The shoes match everything they wear and you don't see a lot of crocs, sandals, or tennis. Fancy shoes are what I've seen a lot of and the good looking gentlemen in suits are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanty,

    I'll admit, I was worried about what to pack when coming to London, because I've heard of how contemporary British fashion is. Since coming here, it's been interesting to see the different styles of clothing and fashion that is present here - especially in regard to one's occupation.

    While I can't relate to having to play catch-up when walking, I agree that "Londoners" do walk with purpose. It seems chaotic but it is as though their strides are purposeful and relaxed. It makes it difficult when being in a large group because of the narrow pavements and when using public transportation, but nonetheless, I enjoy the pace.

    ReplyDelete