Saturday, June 1, 2019

A Sunny Saturday in London


Today was our last Saturday in London and our last full free day as well. I enjoyed
sleeping in as well as many of my fellow travel mates did.



I wanted to enjoy the beautifully hot day we had in store for us by going to Regent's Park.
I walked from the hotel and found the park very quickly. I went to the park that is called
Queen Mary's Garden. It was beautiful. There is a rose garden just like the one we have
in Duluth. It had many different types of roses. I also found a waterfall, an island, and a
fountain. I also went to the "sports pitch" area, which is where they played slow pitch
and soccer there today. I found a beautiful sunny spot to read my book and enjoy the
games. It is a vast park without including the zoo that is attached at the top. I spent my
morning reading there and adventuring.

For lunch, I met Meathe at the Super Star BBQ by Tottenham Court Road. It was a
Korean place where we enjoyed their BBQ lunch. We got to cook our meat right in
front of us. We had chicken, pork, and galbi. We got soup, rice, spring roll things, and
sauces. It was a very fulfilling lunch and a great experience.

I then headed back to the hotel and "broke" my phone. This has happened before, and
I finally got sick of it so I asked one of the guys from the hotel where I should go to get
it fixed. He told me this guy in a white shed had really good prices and is very quick. I
thought it was sketchy but I found it, and it took an hour, and some money and my phone
was back to normal.


I then grabbed a sandwich and got ready for the play had that evening. I bought tickets
to the play Anna that was playing at one of the theaters at the National Theatre. It was set in
1968 in East Berlin. It was a thriller and it was terrific. I wish it was longer than an hour.
The thing that made it unique was that we heard everything that Anna heard by wearing
headphones. Everyone had headphones, and if they had hearing problems in one ear,
they got special headphones (monotone), and if they had hearing problems in both they
got special glasses that had subtitles. The story was great, and had me wanting more.
At the very end, they held up signs saying NO SPOILERS..... oops I wasn't supposed
to tell you that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marissa!
    I couldn’t believe how hot Saturday was. It made me wish I was more prepared for the summer weather here! The flowers at Regent’s Park are so gorgeous! I’ve never had Korean BBQ. Have you had it before? I wish that we had been able to all attend a show at the National Theatre because our tour was super cool, but I’m glad you went to see “Anna." That must have been a really cool experience!

    ReplyDelete