Saturday, June 1, 2019

As our last days in London are coming to an end today we decided to do all the touristy stuff. This includes visiting Westminster Abbey, Queen Elizabeth II Tower, London Eye, Buckingham Palace and many more.

The city was packed and such a beautiful hot day. There were tours left and right going as well as being offered a tour. At some point we saw a peaceful speak out at Parliament Square  regarding pro-choice. As abortion has taken headlines in social media as Georgia banned abortions. These efforts to allow a women make a choice about her body have reached London. They were asked to leave the square although I am unsure why. At Buckingham Palace we got to see the rehearsal for the parade for the Queen’s birthday!

Today was a football game between Liverpool and Tottenham which meant the pubs were packed! We even saw a fight break out as we were walking to the tube station. I have no idea why they were swinging at each other I was just watching from a distance.

In our journey today we also went to a pub from some drinks. I was standing chatting with a friend and some lady puts her hands on me and pulled me. I was so confused as to why I getting pulled in to a crowd of ladies, but all they wanted was their photo to be taken. Little did I know we would be singing and dancing together! The people here are friendly and outgoing at times. This has been such an amazing opportunity to be emerged in a new culture even if sometimes I get too loud.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Chanty!
    It sounds like you guys had a very exciting day! It must have been really interesting to see pro-choice movements here while so many bills trying to be passed to control abortions in the United States.
    Did you dance with the ladies you took a picture with at all? Seems like it was a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete