Monday, June 3, 2019

Just in: Faith sees Members of the Royal Family (AHH!)


Hi all!

Today was an absolutely incredible day! We began by catching a bus to Highgate Cemetery & having a private tour of its grounds. As unsettling as this may sound, it was actually a really neat experience!

After our tour, we had some time to walk around by ourselves; most people made a point of seeing the grave of Karl Marx, as well as others.

For the afternoon, I decided since President Donald Trump & First Lady Melania Trump were in the UK visiting the Queen, I’d head over to Buckingham Palace to see what was going on. Lucky enough, there weren’t as many people waiting outside as I’d suspected, so I had a great spot to stand along the barricades placed in front of the Palace. After about 30 minutes of waiting, police began congregating by the main palace gates. Before I knew it, I was seeing Prince Charles & Duchess Camilla leaving the palace!! I honestly still can’t believe it happened; seeing members of the Royal Family was the one thing I truly wanted to happen on this trip and now, miraculously, it has!

As I was trying to compose myself after seeing Charles and Camilla, I noticed the police were assembling again. This time I watched as President Trump & First Lady Melania drove past me! I find it a bit crazy that I saw a US President for the first time when I wasn’t actually in the United States. How ironic!

Honestly, I cannot think of a better way to have spent one of my last days in London! :) The first photo I’ve posted below is from a video I took of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s exciting the palace; the second is from my video of the President and First Lady.





4 comments:

  1. Faith,

    It sounds like you had a much more eventful day than I did! I mean, we went to the cemetary together and it was cool, but after that I chilled out in my room. But you got to see some royals which is awesome because I know you love them!! It's really exciting considering how many times we've visited Buckingham Palace during this trip. I also think that seeing the US President and First Lady while we are in another country is really interesting. You'd think the odds are better while in the USA.

    Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you hun! You're day sounds so cool. I thought the cemetery was really neat as well. I might have been in the cemetery longer because I got slightly lost. I did find beautiful headstones though. My favorite was a piano! I can't believe you saw Primce Charles and Duchess Camilla. That's a once in a life time thing for some people. I know this is the one thing you wanted to happen. I'm so glad you got to see them and that you had a really good day.
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faith! When I saw your Snapchat story that you saw Prince Charles I was so happy for you. I know that you’re a fan and my go to person if I have a question regarding the Royal fam. Again I am happy for you what a wonderful way to wrap up this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, I was at Buckingham around the same time as you! I don't think I saw Charles or Camilla, but I may have seen Trump wave when he arrived in the limo. I have to agree that it's strange seeing these people outside of America, but nonetheless I thought it was a neat experience. I'm sad our time is coming to an end, but I'm amazed at all of the activities we've done and people we've seen throughout our time here.

    ReplyDelete