Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Slowing Down Before Shipping Out (soon)

Being at the end of the official trip, it's... It's a strange feeling. Again, this being the first time that I'd ever traveled internationally, I didn't know what to expect once the time to leave got so much closer. Even if I'm staying a few more days in London, seeing it without everyone around will be a weird thing to wrap my head around.

That being said, the last official day of the journey was a good one! Semi-quiet and relaxed, which I think was necessary after so much hustle and bustle from the days before. The Victoria and Albert Museum was far more imposing than I'd thought it would be; so many sculptures, so many priceless exhibits!




This was one view from a massive collection of sculptures and religious edifices. Muses, saints, they're all here - even in their cast, unoriginal forms. And they had been respected there for a long while. A massive stone archway was set into the far wall of that same room, having been one of the first pieces to be brought to the museum to prove the exhibit's scale and scope.

I think the Theatre and Performance section caught my heart the most though. Outside of having a frickin War Horse piece in it's entirety, there were so many prestigious costumes here! Scar's garb and cane from The Lion King, the full rhinoceros costume from Rhinoceros, the stepsisters from Cinderella... Seeing all of the soul put into each, and the souls that WORE each, it was brilliant.



That was the last major thing we did as a group, of course. It started out a little spotty, but I ended up having a wonderful time after everything was said and done. After getting back to the hotel, we kind of just... Calmed down. Took a breath. Eventually we went out to a pub and snagged some gelato, but the 4th was a quiet day, and I don't have any problem with that. As far as what's up for the next two days before I ship out too, I have little idea what I'm going to be doing. Finding some time to meet up with a friend sounds good, but I'm not sure how well schedules will allow that.

For now, we'll see! I know I want to be leaving the UK soon, but... I think the melancholy's kicked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment