Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Day Filled With Magic!



Hello again, it’s me Kendra! Today was by far my favorite day yet. After having a free morning, we made our way to The Making of Harry Potter at Warner Brothers Studios. From the first time I picked up Sorcerer’s Stone in fifth grade I was obsessed. I took the house quiz numerous times always wanting Gryffindor. I finally made an account on Pottermore; the only site that will accurately place you in a house, I was placed in Hufflepuff. I was very ecstatic, it was the house I related to the most I realized, as I got older. Anyways, back to the tour! It was absolutely incredible. They had the real sets, costumes, props, animatronic animals, and so much more. We first entered through the Great Hall. There were costumes of Hogwarts professors, plates and goblets, as well as the house point counter in the corner by the professors table. There were several interactive things we could do as well. I was able to lift a broomstick in the air by saying “up”. I looked as tall as Hagrid with special effects. What took my breath away the most was seeing Gringotts. Which happens to be a recent addition to the tour. The chandeliers were magnificent, and the marble pillars were amazing. Marissa knocked on one and discovered it was hollow though. I can’t even begin to describe the emotions I felt. It was incredible to be immersed in a world that I could only dream about. Knowing now how they built everything as well as the time and talent that went into all eight movies leaves me amazed. As well as thankful because without everyone behind the scenes it would not have become what it is today.  It was an absolute dream being able to go to the Warner Brothers Studios today. I have way too many pictures to sort through now, but they will be a great way for me to remember this amazing day!        

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kendra!

    Just based off of your post, I can tell that you’re really passionate about Harry Potter (I enjoyed the personal anecdotes) and that makes me so happy that you got to see the studios where it was filmed at. I definitely agree with your statement about Gringot’s; that might have been my favorite part of the whole tour. Well, it might be a tie between that, Diagon Alley, and the final Harry Potter castle. I loved them because they felt so immersive, like you were a part of it. It was a truly magical feeling!
    Was there anything that really surprised you to learn?
    Stay magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendra!
    I had a great time touring The Warners Brothers Studio. I remember you clinging to me for your life in The Forbidden Forest because of those furry little (huge) spiders! I'm so glad we got to experience this but I don't think i was as prepared to have tons of things ruined for me. The castle isn't even life size.... no hogwarts for me... sadly.

    ReplyDelete