Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Salisbury Cathedral & Stonehenge


Hello everyone! My name is Itzayan Rocha, but you all probably know me by Itzy. I am now an incoming Junior at CSS. I am a Communications major with minors in both ASL and GCL. I identify as Mexican-american hence all the random spurts of spanish words that come out of my mouth. I’m from Minneapolis, but live in Duluth on campus during the year. I also work at the Center for Equal Access at CSS, and have been part of Senate and LSU in previous years.

Today was a beautiful day. We started off early with a quick breakfast in the morning and getting on the bus at 7:55 am. Our first stop was Salisbury Cathedral. The weather greeted us with a lot of sunshine. 




Inside we were able to see one of the original documents of the Magna Carta, and learn a lot of fun facts about it. One of the guides approached us and told us that out of all four that are left, the one that we were about to see was the most preserved. 


There were also these Tiles that could be pulled out and inside had details about the building’s architecture. Around the room we were in, the walls told a story. The Genesis to be precise. The story was told through the imagery of each tile. 


Outside there were a lot of interesting things but the one that called my attention was the gauntlet because it reminded me of the one from Avengers Endgame. Don’t worry, I won’t spoil the movie...but it was good. We also had the opportunity to see a demonstration of the oldest clocks which was so much bigger than I was expecting.

                                              
Once it was time to leave, we all gathered at the entrance and headed back to the bus to leave towards Stonehenge. Personally this was one of my most look forward visits, and being able to be there was a dream come true. When I was younger I had flashcards of a lot of places around the world and Stonehenge was one of them. I always dreamed of visiting each location on the flashcards, and today I was able to do just that. The audio tour was very helpful, and made the entire experience even more fascinating. At the end, we got on the bus at 3 pm and headed back to the hotel. It was an amazing day, and I’m excited for what’s to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment