Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sunny Sunday Morning

Hello again!
It’s the middle day of our free three-day weekend here in London, and today started with me being able to sleep in until 8:30am! I now wake up every morning excited for an egg at breakfast even though before this trip I would never eat an egg for breakfast. We’ve been here for almost 2 weeks and it feels like we’ve either done a lot of the things I planned on doing or they’re coming up on our group itinerary, so thinking of stuff to do (and then deciding what to do) in our free time has been a bit tricky.
Faith, Cassidy and I decided to go to Regent’s Park to check out the flowers and waterfall there. It was a short tube ride away and Regent’s Park was a place I had yet to visit. Luckily, it was a nice sunny and breezy morning, so we enjoyed strolling through the park! 

Regent’s Park

Roses at Regent’s Park

Maethe met up with us and we all decided we should eat, so we went to Buckingham Palace to find a place near there. During our travel there, it went from a sunny morning to a rainy afternoon! We wanted to go to a cute cafe & tea shop that I had been to before, but it was full. Instead, we split up to satisfy all of our food cravings—Cassidy and Maethe got Japanese food and Faith and I went to “Pronto a Mangia” where I got some pasta and she got an omelette. 
We then made our way to Primark to do some shopping and since we all wanted to eat something sweet, we got some ice cream and crepes on the way back to the hotel. My night ended by going out for chips and a drink at a nearby pub. I’m getting both excited and sad that this trip is more than halfway over! I’m so happy with all of the things we’ve seen and accomplished so far, but even more excited for the things ahead.

Nutella and strawberry crepe from “Pomme de Pain”


1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie!!

    I am so jealous of your weekend! Regents park is still on my list of places to visit in London. The flowers look gorgeous. Is the crepe place the one that Stephanie recommended? I really want to visit there also. In Paris we found a family-owned creperie. The lady didn’t know English, but was able to make the best crepes I’ve ever had. Rachel and I split one with a chestnut purée and one with potato and egg in it. Both were amazing! I would absolutely recommend if you are in Paris.

    ReplyDelete