Wednesday, May 29, 2019

My Heart Wants to Sing and Dance!

Today was a great day filled with new information, great food, and a great performance at the end of the day. Starting off our day, we had our usual english breakfast. There has been talk going around that we are eating the same thing daily, but personally I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible because I know that once I get back to the U.S. I’m going to miss it. I also find all of the women who feed us and do our beds very endearing. We left the hotel at around 8am to make it to our tour at the Globe Theater. 



On our way we lost a couple of our friends, but we found them at our final destination which was a relief. Once there we had a tour where we got to know a little about the earlier Global Theaters and why they were no longer in existence. After the tour we walked through a gallery that displayed behind the scene details of putting on a production at the Globe including costumes. 


For a little while we thought we were going to see a combat demonstration, but were kicked off the benches because another group were priority over us. After our morning’s adventures we went to eat lunch at Borough Market. This market was filled with many food stands from places all over the world. I felt slightly overwhelmed by the options, but not enough to lose my appetite so I ended up getting a wrap that had chicken, BBQ sauce, egg, sriracha, rice, salad, onions, and mayo. For dessert I bought myself a Donut filled with a salted caramel and honey filling. It was delicious. 


Many of us headed back to the hotel which is exactly what I did, and took a very needed three hour nap. Once awake we made our way back to the Globe theater for the lecture and the play. At first, the thought of standing was a little discouraging, but luckily I was front and center, and the experience was beautiful. I loved all of the dancing that occurred especially towards the end, and I left in such an amazing mood. We talked about food and decided on having a late night snack at McDonalds. We ended our night with a little picnic at the foot of the stairs in the hotel. I look forward to more days that leave my heart wanting to dance and sing itself out like this one.




1 comment:

  1. I had the same wrap from the Borough Market! It was so good. If i remember it was called Soul Food. The whole Borough Market was very overwhelming with tons of people. I found a yummy dark chocolate cheesecake. Yum. The Globe theater was a great experience to stand and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did have a great night's sleep afterwards. Did you know they used to use urine as stain remover back then? I learned that from the Global's exhibit.

    ReplyDelete