Saturday, May 25, 2019

It’s A Small World After All

    Hello again, Alyssa here! I am noticing a pattern in the days that I’m scheduled to blog about London, the pattern being that I’m not actually in London! My first post was about Salisbury and Stonehenge, but today my travels have taken me to a new country entirely. Myself and two classmates, Lori and Katelynn, planned to go to Paris, France for the three-day travel weekend.
    Our day started early; we woke up around 4:30 a.m. in order to catch our train departing at 6:18 a.m. We decided to take the Eurostar, which runs directly from London to Paris under the English Channel. Arriving in Paris was a bit more of a culture shock than London due to a lot of the signage being in a different language, but there were enough English translations around to figure it out. Once we arrived in Paris, we bought some metro tickets from the train station to Disneyland Paris.

    We decided to spend our Saturday at Disneyland because of the protests that have been occurring in Paris recently, which seem to have been happening on Saturdays in major tourist locations. We had a great time at Disney, riding rides, checking out the gift shops, and meeting Mickey Mouse! One thing that I thought was really cool was spotting London references in the “It’s a Small World” ride, including Big Ben, Tower Bridge, and a red double-decker bus!
 

    After a full eight hours at Disney, we took the train back into the center of London and checked into our AirBnB. An interesting little tidbit for those who care: our AirBnB has pink toilet paper!
    I’m excited to see more of Paris tomorrow. We are planning to see the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.

4 comments:

  1. Alyssa,

    I'm so glad to see you guys made it to Paris! I remember getting to Europe for the first time and experiencing a big culture shock. I don't think I actually really spoke to any locals that much because I didn't know the languages. Here in London I haven't felt it that much, but it's still cool to hear all the different languages that are spoken here.

    Also, I hope Disneyland Paris was fun! I've been to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. Have you been to a Disney park before? I'm wondering if the Paris one is similar to ours in the U.S.

    Hope you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all arrived safely and are having a great time! I went to Paris last year myself, but it was literally for one day, so I'm a little jealous you get more time there than I did! I visited the Eiffel Tower and Louvre and loved both, but I have yet to see the Disneyland Paris. I'm sure it's nothing short of magical! That's pretty neat they incorporated London sites into the "It's A Small World After All ride!" (I guess it's living up to the title). Feel free to check out my blog post for what I did today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alyssa!
    It looks like you had lots of fun at Disneyland Paris! That was a good idea to stay away from the tourist locations on Saturday—the protests that have been happening scare me. I need to read up on the difference between Disneyland/world in the states and Disneyland Paris because it sounds like there are different rides there! I hope you got to check some of them out. Did you have a lot of issues with the language barrier? Did you learn any French over the weekend? Sounds like a successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great to hear you had such a good time at Disney! Never been myself, but I've heard it's a great tour, and it's good to see the hype's lived up to! Hope the It's a Small World's tune didn't get stuck in your head for too long.

    ReplyDelete