Saturday, May 25, 2019

Quiet Saturday


Hello again everyone! We are just about halfway through the trip, and today was the first day of our free three-day weekend. I have been fighting off a bit of a cold, so I took the opportunity to sleep in and have a late breakfast. A lot of people travelled elsewhere in Europe this weekend, so the hotel was much quieter than normal. After breakfast I went to a coffee shop nearby called Store Street Espresso. I’m currently taking abnormal psychology online, so I got a latte and sat down to do some homework. I also got a sandwich there for lunch and wound up getting another latte to go with it. So far, they have the best latte art I’ve seen in London! After I got most of my work done I walked around the neighborhood some more. I got just a little bit lost but did manage to find a bookstore – where I bought a journal – and a no fee ATM! I then went back to the hotel to relax and do a little journaling.  For dinner I met up with Merry and Bailey. We walked about a block and a half away and looked at a couple different restaurants before deciding on a Thai restaurant that looked good. The food was really good, but some of the decorations inside were a little odd. Instead of their restroom signs saying “men” or “women” they were neon signs that showed the positions people are in while they use the bathroom. I’m looking forward to using the next two days to relax and explore more of the neighborhood.


3 comments:

  1. Maethe,

    It was nice to hear about your relaxing day. I feel like I've been on a coach every day this week and I am feeling ready to take a break from all the extensive travel. It seems like you enjoyed the Espresso place! I still have to find somewhere that I completely fall in love with. There are so many restaurants and cafes in London that it's hard to find the good ones. I love lattes and the art on yours is amazing! Would you recommend??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    It has been such a nice long weekend spent in London! As exciting as it would have been to travel to a new place, I have really appreciated taking some time to relax in the city. I’ve chosen to spend some of my free time in a few of London’s Royal Parks. However, I have also been hoping to find a nice coffee shop to visit, so I may need to take a walk over to Store Street Espresso! Thanks for sharing what you did today, even if it was just spent relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending the weekend in London helped rejuvenate us who stayed, even if not all of us took the time to sit, but even just walking around areas we hadn't explored yet was fun!

    ReplyDelete