Monday, May 25, 2015

Dinosaurs and Salad

I'm blogging a day late because my day passed by and I didn't realize it! So all of this happened Saturday, May 24th.

Overall my friends and I were very lazy today. We woke up around 10am, and took our time getting ready and lounging in bed. The group hasn't had many days to sleep in or relax much, so it was nice to be able to have that time. Afterwards, we all went to a restaurant called Bella Italiana. It was very delicious, and was interesting to see the street performers around Leicester square. Next, Hannah, Rachael, Megan, and I all went to the Natural History Museum. In this museum there are exhibits of dinosaur bones, stuff about the human body, and also all sorts of things about mammals. There was a gigantic whale replica with the skeleton hanging over it. I thought that was really fascinating to see just how huge they really are. The dinosaurs were also super cool! When walking into the museum, they have a dinosaur right there to greet you at the entrance. I can't believe that those animals used to walk the earth seemingly not so long ago. We read that the T-Rex is debated to either be a carnivore, or it scavenged for its food. I had always thought it was a predator and cold-blooded killer, but it was interesting to see that it could've been a forager because of its small and useless arms.

After finishing up at the museum, we all took the tube to Tesco, the glorious and cheap grocery store that is fabulous for getting quick meals, and bought our dinner. We then proceeded to watch the fifth Harry Potter movie on Megan's laptop, and lounge our evening away in the hostel. It felt good to rest our bodies and minds from the busy couple weeks we've been having. It was a wonderful day and sunny for the most part, so it did feel good to get out just for a little bit.

The natural history museum



2 comments:

  1. Kenzie,

    I'm glad you got to have a relaxing day on Sarurday! I completely agree with you in the fact that a relaxing day sounds absolutely perfect. The group is always so busy and we do so much every single day that I never quite feel like I've caught up on my sleep. I'm a little bit jealous of your relaxing Saturday, because my Saturday consisted of wandering around Edinburgh, Scotland. As fun as a weeken of travel was, the thought of having a day to move at a slow pace sounds wonderful. Plus, I wouldn't worry about posting your blog a day late because of how busy we've been. I'm supposed to blog today and I almost forgot completely! The natural history museum sounds really exciting from your description. I might jus have to explore it on our final Saturday. However, the thought of actual dinorsaurs frightens me more than it excites me!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie,
    That relaxing day was a little slice of peace and quiet amongst the hustle and bustle of London. I think that was the first time in two weeks we were able to sleep in and get eight hours of sleep. The natural history museum was so interesting! I was surprised they had so many modern animals and replicas and not as many animals from the past besides dinosaurs. It was almost like going to a zoo, except the animals pose much more nicely for the pictures. I loved seeing animals from the Midwestern U.S. that we oftentimes see in the wild on display in a museum. It was definitely a relaxing day well spent.

    ReplyDelete