Saturday, May 30, 2015

See you later, London!

It's the final day of this fantastic trip, and it's a bittersweet end to the story. It was a beautiful city and country, and while I would like to stay for even longer, I have to get back to work and my family. I can't believe three weeks has happened so quickly. Every day was so packed with activities that it's hard to completely reflect on everything just off memory. However, it was a wonderful trip, and despite it being school related, it was a great vacation. Of course, some parts of it were better to me than others.
Seeing Hogwarts in real life was still one of my favorite parts of this trip. It was a dream come true for the child me, and I'm so glad I could see it. There was much more than this, mind you, that I loved. This Play Goes Wrong was also fantastic, and it and 39 Steps were my favorite plays of the whole trip. They were hilarious, and even now I still chuckled a little at the jokes when I think of them. I went to the Portobello today with Kenzie, and it was a bustling place. There were several antiques and food stalls, and the crowd of people was a little intimidating. While I had fun and made a couple purchases, I am thoroughly exhausted from this trip and can't wait to collapse after packing everything up. My last dinner was delicious pasta in a cheese sauce(but not mac 'n cheese), and a strawberry cider for a drink. Also a chocolate pudding for dessert, mostly because I wasn't paying for it. It was fantastic, and I'm still stuffed from it. I look to the future with two ideas in my mind: 1. I'm so going to crash on my bed when I get home. 2. This isn't the last of Megan Glenn that London has seen. I shall return! I thank everyone that not only encouraged me to come on this trip, but also the people that organized it and the friends that I made here. You guys made this experience one I'm not soon to forget, and I will forever keep this trip close to my heart. Good-bye all who read this blog. Have wonderful summers, and I hope that if you haven't been in London, that you can at least get an idea of what it's like from these many blogs by my fellow students.

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree, Megan. This trip has been amazing since the first day we stepped off the plane, and its hard to believe its been 20 days. In some ways, it feels like we've been here forever. (How'd we manage to do so much stuff!) In others, it feels like we just got here. I will definitely be returning again, and planning a longer trip!

    ReplyDelete