Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The foreshadowing Stain

As yesterday began with a slight challenge, I spilt tea on my white shirt, it did not create a foreshadow of the day to come.

We had a very full day going to the British library, the British museum and finishing with "The Merchant of Venice" at the globe theater.

The play was a very interesting one to say the least.  I really enjoyed how much woman power was incorporated in to it.  Also it was not until the intermission, where we all realized Jonathan Pryce was one of the leading roles to this play.

I learned so many things having to do with this wondrous library.  One being, it was originally planned to be a 3 acre building, because of the amount spent on the first part, the government decided to not continue this project any further.  This was interesting. What would it look like if they added more.  I thought it was already giant and beautiful.

My favorite part of this building was the room with all the original pieces.  Being able to see original writings by the Beatles was truly amazing.  I, along with my beat friend and her family, are big fans of them, so being able to see these original copies astounded me.

Over all everything we have seen and experienced on this trip has expanded my mind. I also view things in new ways, especially being confused and unsure what is happening, so the immigrant or tourists in our country are who I envie and I think are truly amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a truly long and amazing day! That library was huge and had so much history and knowledge contained with in its walls! My favorite part was seeing the King's collection which you had pictured as well as seeing Jane Austin's writing desk! It seems really inconvenient to me that they have decided to store a lot of the material at a secondary location two hours away in York! There was some necessity though and no matter how large they made the library in London, they would have needed to expand sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The library was really a highlight for me so far. You guys am to have learned a few different things on your tour. for one thing I did not know that it was originally planned to be a 3 acre building.I did learn that the architect was part of the navy so the building resembles a ship. The treasure collection with original manuscripts was absolutely amazing to see. All those texts are so important to history and cultures around the world. I still wish we could have been allowed to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete