Monday, May 18, 2015

I had a pint in Gandalf's Pub!!!

So today was a pretty amazing day! We started out at Harry Potter Studios, which was amazing and moving. It was wonderful to see something that I grew up with in such a close up way. I found myself in tears multiple times especially when I saw all the quotes from various contributors to the movie.

The epitome of the trip through the studios was the end where you got to see the diorama of the entire Hogwarts Castle!!! It was so moving and I just stood there for at least a half an hour in awe! 


To add to all the nerdom, we ended up going to Sir Ian Mckellen's pub for a trivia night. The questions were very difficult, but we did a surprisingly well seeing as most of the questions were related to British Culture and tied for 9th. 

The highlight of the night was when Sir Ian came in to the pub. I was hoping he would be there, but when the trivia was about to start I had lost hope. He even came up to the group and asked how we were doing with the game, but I of course was in the loo at that time. I did manage to get some super stalker-y pictures of him from across the pub. I did not want to harass him too much in his own establishment.

It was truly magic filled day in London and I am so glad we were able to fit in such a fun evening! 

3 comments:

  1. Today was a really awesome! I had a ton of fun with Harry Potter studios. I would like to add on to your story about the grapes. After you left the pub a couple of us stayed around for a little longer. We stayed and we were able to talk to Sir Ian Mckellen and we shook his hand. It was definitely a highlight of our trip so far. He is my favorite actor and it was awesome to shake his hand and talk to him for a little bit. It will be something I will never forgot and something I will really cherish, it was such a great London experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" -Gandalf. That was so cool that we were able meet Sir Ian! I am so glad we were able to stay a little longer and be able to get the chance to meet and talk with him. It was fun seeing that the bar also had his staff in it. I agree with you Luc this will be a moment from the trip that I will never forget.

      Delete
  2. Hey Krissy! Harry Potter studios was such an amazing experience; I cannot believe they have all of those props and everything in one place! I wish I could have been able to see a movie star like you did, what a great story to keep of the London trip. What were some of the trivia questions? I've never seen the Lord of the Rings movies, but I can imagine that for an avid fan one could be a bit star struck! I know I would be if I met someone from Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete