Monday, May 11, 2015

My Wild and Crazy Adventure

My name is Megan and I just finished my junior year as a Communication major at the College of St.  Scholastica. I wanted to go on this trip to London to see and learn about more than I have been exposed to in my northern United States upbringing.  Before this trip I had never been to another country and soon I will be able to say that I've been to three!!!!

My trip to London was very eventful,  and that was just the literal getting to London part of the trip. I started off my journey smoothly in St Paul/Minneapolis airport. I flew through security and got onto the plane easily. 
When I stopped for a layover in Chicago the problems started.  My flight to Philadelphia was delayed by two hours and this worried me because I had to catch the flight to London soon after we landed in Philly.  All the staff told me it would be fine,  but, as it turns out,  we landed too late for me to catch my original flight. My phone bar dotted on the plane,  so I'd I would have had to run to my connection they're would have been no way to let my family know what was going on.  Luckily they put me on a flight two hours later.  It seemed like the crisis had been averted,  but once I arrived in London I realized my checked bag did not arrive in London with me. 
So now I sit in this beautiful city without anything except what I was carrying with me, but despite it all I am so excited to be here and I can't wait to see what happens next. I have gotten three hours of sleep in the past day and still I feel a little motion sick from the last leg of the trip,  but I know that this is exactly where I want to be. 
The pub we went to for dinner was fabulous and the fact that it was one of our two free dinners made it even better. I felt a little overwhelmed by not knowing any streets or buildings, but I loved the busy energy! 
 I am excited to write my next two blog posts and see if London is as wonderful as it already seems. I am so excited for what's to come!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan!

    Just listening to your story when we met up with you in London gave me anxiety, and it made me exhausted just thinking of how many layovers you had! I think it's very brave of you to choose a flight that was different from the one the majority of the group chose. You handled it with a lot of grace, and that really impressed me! I hope you were able to catch up on all the lost sleep since the first night here, and I hope your baggage arrives safely to the hostel ASAP! I also had a flight delayed in Duluth, and we were stuck on the tarmac for over an hour because of it! Since I thought that was stressful, I can't imagine what your journey here must have been like. Also, like you I'll be able to add lists of countries that I've visited to a basically non existent list. How exciting!! Can't wait to spend more time with you over the three weeks we're here! Now that we've been here for 2 days, I'm getting so excited to see what the next few weeks bring.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete