Sunday, May 17, 2015

Just call us Marco Polo

This past weekend has probably been the biggest adventure of my life. In a span of 48 hours I was in two countries using their busing systems, their trains, subways, cabs, and airplanes. It's been exhausting, but we made it!
Ashley and I went to Dublin and a small coastal town called Bray. 
As you can see, Bray is beautiful! Probably my favorite part of the Ireland adventure (even though it took two buses and a train to get there).  
While we were in Dublin we were lucky enough to stay with a local named Barry and he was the one that recommended Bray. 
Also in Ireland we went to the Dublin zoo and the Guinness storehouse. Even though beer isn't really my thing, the storehouse was awesome! 
Dublin was fun but I'm very happy to be back in London. Dublin is a lot harder to get around in and I don't think there's as much to do in the city. We were also a little scared to be out alone when it got dark. 
We had a 630 flight this morning so we were very tired when we arrived in London. Luckily the weather was gorgeous so we took a blanket and some books to the park and relaxed in Russel Square for a few hours. A great first weekend in Europe!

2 comments:

  1. All of the traveling we've done in the last week is crazy to think about. U.S. to London to various countries. I think the transportation system in London is really effective and easy to understand. Since we've been using to tube to get everywhere I feel completely confident going anywhere on it even though I've only been using it for the last 7 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting that you discuss the transportation systems. That's something our group talked about quite a bit while in Paris. While London has the tube, Paris has the Metro system. There were different opinions among our group about which was "better", but I think we all agreed that the pace of London's system is much quicker! I also noticed that the security and maintenance of of Metro was much less than the tube. We were attributing some of these differences to cultural differences. I would bet that plays a role in Ireland as well.

      Delete