Sunday, May 31, 2015

London in Bloom

In the area of Kensington and Chelsea, the streets are decorated in beautiful floral designs. 
These amazing displays caught my eye as I was both wandering for a place to eat and doing some window shopping at unbelievably beautiful stores. When I started noticing all of the lovely square gardens tucked around the city I was in full admiration. A lot of the time Cities are simply made of cement and brick and very little nature. I really enjoy the fact that no matter where you are in the busy city of London, you probably aren't far from a beautiful garden. But this display of flowers right on the streets and designed in such an pretty way is something else completely. 


This stunning display of Alice in wonderland's tea party is one of the most fantastic things I have ever seen. But I love Cinderella , her fairy god-mother and carriage ever more!!! It felt magical seeing this come to life through flowers. Who ever designed this is very creative. 




In the theme of flowers, here is a picture of a Elderflower. Which is a soft drink I had never tried nor heard of before.
The drink is really refreshing and also pretty sweet.  I hear that a lot of Europe serves this soft drink. I am so glad I tried it! It is absolutely my favorite drink ever now!
 










It's going to be hard to say goodbye to London. Just as the flowers are in bloom and the summer begins. I don't want to say goodbye. I will miss it's endless offerings of educational and artistic sources of entertainment. Every theater and every museum was fabulous. And there are so many of them! I think it is impossible to be bored in this city. I will miss the endless options for excitement and opportunities to see new things. It has been such a great experience to see, hear and do things that I wouldn't or couldn't at home. I may even miss walking millions of city blocks and riding the tube... actually, I don't think I will miss that at all. However I will miss other random things here. I will miss eating Haagen Dazs mini ice creams that most of the theaters sell.
  And I will also miss the squares and gardens.

Thank you and farewell London! I'm glad I got to be here and experience the excitement and beauty. It was an enlightening experience. Thank you so much to all involved! It really was a trip of a life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment