Monday, May 11, 2015

Hi everyone my name is Rachael! I am a nursing intended major at CSS and just finished my freshman year! I cannot wait for my next few years and to finally be working as a nurse in the future! The first year  at CSS was one of the best years of my life and am looking forward to so many more wonderful memories.
I have always had a passion for traveling which is strange because I never have traveled anywhere before. But I love learning new things about different places and what the history of those places is like. London is no different. I have always wanted to travel to London but never thought it would happen in a million lifetimes. Hannah Vickstrom, who is on this trip with me, convinced me to come to a meeting about this trip but I was reluctant because I never thought I would be able to go. After that meeting, however, I was  immediately convinced and could not stop talking about going.  The year finally came to a close and we were close to departure. I was nervous to fly because I had never flown before, especially at night. But the flight went alright, not too bad considering the horror stories I had heard about flying. We traveled the whole day and were absolutely exhausted.
After arriving at the hostel,  we got freshened up for dinner and went to a genuine London pub. That was a really cool experience to have had.  The Fish and Chips was really good and tasted more authentic than anything I've ever had.
After dinner Hannah, Kenzie and I went for a walk around the city and found really amazing landmarks and parks that we are looking forward to seeing in the future.
Here are some of my pictures from the day!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachael!

    This is my third time trying to respond to your post, my phone logged me out of the blog so each time I tried it didn't work haha. Let's hope it works this time! I'm super happy Hannah talked you into attending the London trip information meeting. It was really fun having you in the London class since you always had something interesting and funny to say. It was also really helpful talking to you, Hannah, Kensie, and Becca before the flight out from Minneapolis, you all helped calm my nerves by distracting me! I'm shocked this is your first real big travel experience. I don't know that many people can say their first te traveling was across the pond, as Brits like to say! I bet this experience as a whole will be really beneficial to your nursing degree, as it shows a lot of diversity dealing with different cultures and experience in trying new things. Plus, the fact that you're a freshman is really cool! I don't think I would have been brave enough to do this last year after my freshman year. I'm sure this experience will be good to have on resumes or to be able to talk about it with people in the future, it shows courage and curiousity for sure. Just like you, I really like learning about new places and what makes them unique. The pub experience for dinner yesterday really attests to that! I'm slightly jealous that you got fish and chips, since I got the sausage and mash instead and the fish and chips from your table smelled really good! And you are so right in saying how exhausting yesterday was! I actually went to bed at 8:30 and slept like a baby for most of the night, except for when the DJ started playing music in the bar upstairs from my room later in the night. That was quite the shockig awakening! I guess that's just part of the hostel experience we all have to look forward to. I'm excited to spend the rest of the trip with you and everyone else!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete