Sunday, May 24, 2015

Out There: 8 Days a Week

Hey everyone! This is Luc again.  Today was another fantastic day here in London! I got to see Sir Paul McCartney live at the O2 arena!!!!!!! It was such an awesome concert, it was by far the best concert that I have ever been to.  The only thing that has beaten it on this trip was when I met Sir Ian McKellen at his pub on Monday.  Back to Sir Paul, it was a great show, he did songs from 8 days a week to Yesterday to Hey Jude and a lot of other songs in between.  While I didn't necessarily know all of the songs it was a fantastic show and there were a ton of songs that I did know.  It was a surreal experience to be sitting in the arena with Paul and over 17,000 people singing along to Hey Jude.  The Beatles have had such an impact on our culture and it was great to see the songs performed by one of the members while in London.  Paul also performed very moving tributes to John Lennon and George Harrison during the concert.  It was such an honor to be able to see a living legend perform such iconic songs.  I probably will not be able to have such an experience again and there is no bigger rockstar than Sir Paul McCartney.
It was kind of a last minute decision to go to the concert.  I started off the day trying to get tickets to the Lion King but those ended up being super expensive so we didn't end up going.  We then explored the Covent Garden area along with Oxford St and did a lot of shopping.  When we got back I figured I should do laundry because I had started to run out of clothes.  As soon as I out my clothes in my laundry I decided to go to the concert.... Talk about timing.  I then went as quickly as I could to the North Greenwich area to see if I could secure tickets to the concert.  When I got there there were huge lines so I was very concerned with my chances of getting tickets.  At that moment a man came up to me told me he had a ticket to sell.  So I got to sit with these super nice people who had their extra ticket because one of their friends wasn't able to make it.  I definitely got lucky to be able to go to such a fantastic experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment