Saturday, May 30, 2015

Protests, Pigeons, And Parks

Today was our last day in London. It was time for last minute adventuring, shopping, and the dreaded task of packing. But as we have done everyday, we made the most of it!

The day started out slow. I have been sick the last few days with a cold and still batteling it, but I wasn't going to let it ruin my day. Roni, Rachel and I started out with Lunch at Burger and Shake, a little restaurant that serves, you guessed it, burgers and shakes. It has become one of our favorite places here! After the adventure began. With no plans other than needing to meet at 4:00, we randomly wandered down streets, just taking in London. It's hard to believe our three weeks are already up!

We eventually wound up near the National Gallery. We heard commotion and saw police so naturally we went to take a look. When we got to the front we saw a few different protests taking place. I couldn't really figure out what they were for. 

After we kept on exploring. We wondered through St. James park, Green Park, passed Buckingham Palace, and ended in Hyde Park. Everywhere we went we saw, and were followed, by pigeons. We believe they were trying to court Roni. 

After our adventure we headed back to the Generator to meet with the group. Together we went out to eat for our farewell dinner. Delicious meal, but a bit bittersweet. It was amazing to have his experience and I'm excited to head back, but I will definitely miss London and our awesome group. We really did have a once in a life time experience. We may get the chance to come back, but never at our age or with a group like this. 

After dinner we go separate ways, some to pack, some to do last minute exploring, others to relax and reflect. I think a lot of us are having a hard time believing we are leaving tomorrow. I know I am. 

All in all am incredible experience. I would not trade it for the world. Someday I will be back to this beautiful city. For now, I will be enjoying the last few hours I have in London! 



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that in just a few hours we will be heading to the airport and leaving London. It was an amazing experience, and these three weeks flew by way to fast. It was great getting to have one last dinner all together before we go our separate ways tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so crazy to me that it's over. I feel like we went no stop for 21 days and now what do we do? Rest? Who needs that!!
    Anyways I think it's cool that you saw all those police too! Jen and I saw them and I asked by they were there. I guess it was mostly the protests, but there had also been a hanging of the guards or colors of something in the building across the street. The thing I find most interesting about police in London is that the majority of the police don't carry guns, but when they do carry guns they carry huge ones strapped across their chests. London police don't mess around. I'm going to miss noticing thins like this :(

    ReplyDelete