Sunday, May 10, 2015

The curse of the CSS London trip!

     Hi! My name is Kristina Rootes and I am a junior year nursing student. I have been involved in theater since high school and am so excited to see what is different in theater across the pond. I am most excited to see the show at the Globe because I have not had much opportunity to see Shakespearian shows and to see one in such a historic venue is going to be fantastic! 
     The events of our first two travel days are as follows! 

3:15 May 10 2014
I arrived at the airport with the one and only Jake Spartz. After minor difficulties (who knew you had to sign a passport?) we managed to find our way to the gate and sit until the rest of the cursed crew joins us. 

4:40
We have boarded!!!

5:00
We are delayed due to some bad weather in the cities. Hopefully this will be resolved before 5:30. The group has decided that Merry is cursed because the last time that she went on this trip, they were delayed thirteen hours. We hope to get to London before it gets that out of hand.

5:30
It has not been resolved,but they gave us cookies!!! 

6:30
We have been sitting on the plane for too long. We have resorted to playing go fish between three rows with Game of Thrones playing cards. Good news we will be able to leave in half an hour! I just really want Starbucks... so hungry. 

8:00
Arrived in Msp and everything is uneventful after that! I get Starbucks and we find our gate! On to London we go!

May 11 2015 11:30
We touch down safe and sound in London! After waiting for all of our group to arrive, at 2:00 we get on a bus and head to the hostel!

4:00
We get cleaned up and head to a pub to eat some delicious food and also get a bit of a feel for the area around our hostel. My roommates and I pick up some food and head back to our room to veg out. The past days have been long and tiring, but I could not be more happy to be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment